If you’re passionate about caring for animals, great at communicating with co-workers and customers, and enthusiastic about a career in veterinary medicine, we want to talk to you! We’re frequently hiring for the positions described below.
To apply, send an email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please identify your desired position in the email’s Subject line, tell us a little about yourself and your career goals in the email body, and include your resume (in pdf or Word format) as an attachment.
‘Associate’ means a co-worker, partner, ally, and that is exactly what we are looking for! Odenton Veterinary Hospital is a two-doctor, AAHA-accredited small animal hospital located in Odenton, MD. Centrally located within 30 minutes of both Baltimore, MD and Washington, DC., we are looking to add a part- or full-time Associate Veterinarian who is interested in joining our team-oriented atmosphere. If you have a warm and welcoming personality, solid communication skills and a compassionate approach, this is the clinic for you.
About the Area:
Established in Maryland in 1868, the historic town of Odenton is centrally and conveniently located to Baltimore, Washington D.C., and Maryland’s Capital, Annapolis! If city life isn’t your speed, The beach is only 30 minutes away! Whether you enjoy city life, or life at the beach, rest assured that you will not be disappointed by Maryland’s world-famous crabcakes or its abundance of football games!
- We pride ourselves on our connection with patients and the community. We deliver top-notch medicine with a level of service that’s beyond compare, all in a modern hospital setting.
- Our clinic staff has a strong culture of mentorship and teamwork. We welcome those who want to engage in both learning and teaching to strengthen themselves and their colleagues.
- Our staff operates more like a family. Over the years we have been fortunate to assemble the most amazing group of generous, kind and dedicated humans and we’d love to welcome another like-minded person into the fold. This is the kind of place that you’ll want to work for a very long time (as most of us have realized). The only arguments you’ll have with your coworkers will revolve around what to order for lunch.
- We encourage and support you in finding your niche – our doctors have special interests in internal medicine, feline friendly medicine, dentistry, and surgery. A surgery day is available and encouraged to those interested.
- We are also fully equipped with digital radiology (including dental), laser therapy, in-house laboratory equipment (Idexx) and ultrasound capability.
- As serious as we are about creating a family-like atmosphere, caring for our patients, training, and continuing education, we also prioritize a FUN working environment that everyone can enjoy and feel comfortable in! We love to enjoy doing what we love!
More About Us & What We Can Offer:
Our veterinary hospital provides complete veterinary care for dogs, cats, and more! Our veterinary services range from preventive care, including pet vaccinations, comprehensive physical exams and dental cleanings to veterinary surgery and treatment, hospitalization, and supportive care for sick or injured pets. But that’s not all! We value work/life balance which is reflected in our flexible scheduling and rotating-weekend schedule, so you never become overwhelmed!
We are also pleased to offer a generous benefits package including:
- Signing bonus and/or relocation assistance
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with shared premiums
- Practice-sponsored life insurance
- 401(k) eligibility with employer match
- Annual continuing education stipend
- Paid time-off for personal use and to attend CE
- In-house development programs for new graduates, experienced Associates, and Medical Directors
- Sponsored Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with wellness initiatives
- Paid AVMA PLIT policy coverage
- Reimbursement of all licensure and DEA fees
- Reimbursement of professional membership dues
- Personal pet discounts
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER:
- A warm, welcoming personality with solid communication skills and a compassionate approach.
- Experience is a plus, but newly graduated veterinarians will be considered. We are here to provide support and guidance to help you reach your professional goals.
- Experience treating exotics is a plus, but not required.
- Availability to work rotating weekends.
If you are driven to learn, kind-hearted, and compassionate about quality animal care in a family style environment, we encourage you to apply!